Mindmapping is a great tool for getting your thoughts organized, brainstorming, or for structuring and documenting projects. And why not do it in Blender? SpectralVectors created this add-on to add a new node editor view to Blender for mindmapping. In addition to creating mindmaps, it also lets you add 'notes' to other node diagrams!
Download and documentation
What It Is
This addon gives you an 'Extra' category in the Shader, Geometry and Compositor Node Editors Add Menu, as well as a custom Node Editor.
- Just click Add > Extra > Mindmap or Note to use the nodes in any node tree.
- To create a Mindmapper Node Tree, open the Mindmapper Node Editor, click 'New' to create a new node tree, then, click Add > Mindmap.
- You can change the text and the background color of the node, as well as connect it to one or more other nodes to create a flowchart.
How It Works
- It works by displaying a String Property as multiple Label strings, separated by number of characters.
- The complete text will display on the node, but in order to edit it, you must unhide the panel at the bottom of the node, then you can type or paste any text you like.
- The top row holds the node label, and the node color.
- The next row allows you to select the node image.
- The next allows you to select the node image folder.
- The next holds the main node body text as a field you can edit directly.
- The next holds a file selector to let you populate the node body text from the Text Editor workspace.
- And, finally you can dynamically change the number of node inputs and node outputs, however doing so will break the links, so set up your i/o before making connections!
- There is not currently support for renaming sockets, importing/exporting text etc.
- Image support comes through both 3dn-bip's Image Preview Generation, and Blender's auto-generated thumbnail previews.